In this Article, we are going to review Area 51 IPTV. I am also going to give you a step by step tutorial on how to set up Area 51 IPTV on your various devices. IPTV has changed the way users view TV. This new form of watching TV is different from regular TV since instead of broadcasters using the normal Radio Waves to transmit content to your TV, the content is transmitted over the regular internet structure.
Therefore to enjoy IPTV, you’ll need an internet connected device. In normal TV, the broadcaster has complete control over program scheduling so the user doesn’t have control over what program comes on at what time. IPTV changes that. It gives the user the power to choose what to watch and when to watch it.
This type of IPTV service is called Video on Demand (VOD). The user selects the program to watch and the IPTV broadcaster sends it to them via the internet. Another service available on IPTV is Time Shifted Service. With Time shifted service, the user is able to pause TV Programs and continue watching them later. Most IPTV Broadcasters also offer Live TV service which is great for viewing Live sport Events.
Area 51 IPTV
Area 51 IPTV is one of the cheapest IPTV broadcasters out there. They offer a subscription at $7 per month among other plans so be sure to check out the other subscription plans available on their Website. The broadcast service is supported by many platforms including All Kodi enabled devices as an addon, Android TV Box, Android Mobile Phones and Tablets, Chromecast using VLC media player and iOS.
Area 51 offers Live TV Streaming with over 1000+ channels from a variety of countries e.g. USA, Canada, UK, India, Russia, New Zealand, etc. All Channels are available in HD and the streaming speed depends on your internet connection speed. Watching Live Sporting events like National Football League (NFL), English Premier League (EPL), Formula 1 etc.has been made easy with many Sports channels available for you to choose from.
With the $7 per month subscription, you are able to link at most 2 devices to your account which is fair meaning you don’t get to miss your favorite shows and sporting events when you are away from Home. It’s advisable to use IPTV service on a month to month basis and pay using PayPal to ensure the safety of your credit card. To get the subscription to follow the following link and sign up:
It’s also recommended that users run a VPN service when using Area 51 to avoid legal issues with the government since most of the content available is copyright protected.
How to Install Area 51 IPTV on Firestick TV & # Android
The procedure for installing Area 51 on Amazon Fire Stick/ Fire TV and other Android powered devices is similar. (If you are a newbie to Firestick, Please make sure to visit this Jailbreak Firestick TV guide)
First, you need to have enabled the option “Unknown sources”. This will enable you to install apps that aren’t from Amazon Store or Play Store on your device. The procedure is different for different devices but you should get the option under your device settings.
For the Fire Stick, Go to Home > Settings > My Fire TV > Developer Options > Apps from Unknown Sources and turn the last option Turn On.
# On Android, you should find the setting under Settings >Security. This could be different for your device though.
After enabling Apps from unknown sources on your device, you now need to download the APK for installing the application. On your Fire Stick/ Fire TV you can use “Downloader” or “ES File Explorer”. Both of these apps are available on the Amazon Store so if you don’t have either of them be sure to get them using the following steps.
- Go to Home of your Firestick
- Click on the magnifying glass icon on the Top left
- Type the name of the preferred app- “Downloader” or “ES Explorer”
- Locate the app on Amazon store (Downloader has a distinct orange icon)
- Tap on Download. It will start the download and Installation process automatically
- Once it is done, Launch the app.
# For Android, you don’t need to have another additional app since your web browser will do just fine.
Once you have installed “Downloader” on your Fire TV/ Fire Stick, input exactly the following URL to download the APK: firestickapps.com/a51.apk – Click on Go to download the file.
Be sure to download the app only from this website since there are many Area 51 apps out there which could harm your device or cause you to be hacked.
# On Android, go to your web browser and visit this URL: firestickapps.com/a51.apk – This should take you directly to our server and will start to download the latest Area 51 IPTV APK automatically.
Once the download has finished, click on Install to begin installing the app. On theFirestick TV, once installation is complete you will be asked if you want to keep the original APK, you can choose to keep it in case you plan to reinstall the app or delete it to save on space.
# The same applied to other Android devices. I recommend keeping the app just in case you need to reinstall the app or share it with a Friend or Family.
Once the installation is complete and we recommend to launch the app only after you have Premium VPN Activated.
To set up a VPN Service on your Firestick TV, First, visit ExpressVPN on your laptop/ mobile phone and register your account. After that, on your Fire TV/ Fire Stick do the following:
- Go to Home
- Click on the magnifying glass icon on the Top left
- Type “ExpressVPN”
- Locate the official ExpressVPN App on Amazon store
- Tap on Download
Once the ExpressVPN app has been installed, launch the app and log in with your credentials. After that, select a server location and click Connect.
# For Android users, go to Play Store and download the ExpressVPN app. Once the app is downloaded log in with your credentials then select a server location and click Connect.
After setting up your VPN, launch the Area 51 Application. On your Firestick TV, press and hold down the Home button for few seconds and select Apps, then Select Area 51 IPTV. Click on it to launch it.
# For Android users, go to your Launcher and launch Area 51 from there.
Once the app launches, log in with your Area 51 credentials and you are done! You can now access various channels on the go with your Amazon FireStick. Be sure to pay the monthly subscription fee of $7 per month. I advise users to use the month to month subscription just in case they don’t like the services.
How to Install Area 51 IPTV Kodi Addon on Leia
The Area 51 addon is available for Kodi as a third party addon so it’s not available on the official Kodi store. To install the addon on Kodi Leia, make sure you have configured a VPN service on the device you have Kodi installed on. After that, launch Kodi and follow the following steps.
- Open the Kodi app on your Firestick menu. Select the “Settings” option in the menu on the top left with a gear icon.
- Then select “System Settings” in the next menu window. In Kodi Leia, this same option will be renamed as “System”.
- Next, choose the add-ons option on the left menu panel in the screen that pops up.
- Toggle ON the Unknown Sources option to allow it to download our third-party Players Klub add on.
- In the confirmation prompt, select the “Yes” option to go ahead with the process.
- Now, head back over to the Kodi Home and select Settings gear icon.
- Select the “File Manager” option on the next screen.
- In the next screen, click on the “Add source” option.
- In the next screen where you see the ‘None’ option, select the text box window.
- Type the exactly following link: http://theuforepo.us/repo/ Then just select the “OK” option.
- Now enter a name for this source by selecting the “Enter a name for this media source”. Type UFO or You can choose a different or changed it as required. Click on Ok once you finish it.
- Now head back to the Kodi Home screen and click on the “Addons” option.
- Now you will see an open boxed shaped icon on the top left corner aka Package Installer.
- As the next step, choose the “Install from the zip” option. This is because our file is .zip in the downloaded file.
- Next, select the UFO option / any name you edited or typed in at the naming step (Step 11).
- Now, choose the downloaded zip file “repository.ufo-repo-x.x-zip.
- Now, the Kodi Player will start installing the add-on in the file. It will give you a “UFO Repository Add-on installed” when successfully downloaded.
- Select the “Install from repository” option in the next screen. This is basically installing the required updates and system files from the online repository of Area 51 IPTV addon.
- Next, choose UFO Repository.
- On the next screen, choose the “Video Add-ons” option.
- In the next screen, Choose “Area 51 IPTV” addon.
- To initiate system installation click on the “Install” button. You might see another pop up after this step, especially on the latest Kodi Leia 18.5. Choose the “OK” option on this pop up which will take us forward.
- After successful installation, it shows the notification with the message: “Area 51 IPTV add-on installed”.
The addon should run smoothly but if you are not much happy its performance on your device, you can optimize its performance by following below steps.
On the Home screen, Go to Settings>Player on the bottom left, change the view mode to Advanced.
Go to Video and click on the Processing tab. Turn off Hardware Acceleration.
That should optimize the performance of the addon otherwise check your internet connection speed.
Cast Area 51 IPTV to Chromecast Device
The plus side of having Area 51 installed on an Android device is that you can cast whatever channel you are watching to another device.
To cast your content from your Android device, you need to have VLC installed on your android phone and the device you wish to cast to. Next, you will need to connect with the same Wi-Fi/ LAN network with the device you wish to cast to. After that, launch Area 51 and stream the video using VLC. Once on VLC, click on the cast icon on the top right corner. Choose the device you want to cast to and that’s it! You will now be able to view your content on a larger screen.
There are other IPTV service providers out there but Area 51 has the cheapest rates out there. That is why I would recommend those who haven’t tried it out to try it out. Let us all embrace the next step in digital Television.